Covid-19 guidelines and venue access information have been added.
Registration will close soon. If you have not registered please visit our registration page and register now.
Abstract deadline: June 30th, AUGUST 31st, 2021 (extended)
Notification of abstract acceptance:
August 20th, September 30th, 2021
Onsite Registration: Nov. 7th (from 4pm at Acacia Hotel)
Workshops: Nov. 8th ~ Nov. 10th
Conference: Nov. 11th ~ Nov. 12th
Biodiversity tour: Nov. 13th (venue/destination to be announced)
GUIDELINES ON MEASURES TO CURB THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 DURING AIBBC 2021
Attendees to AIBBC 2021 (Nov. 8th-12th, Kisumu, Kenya) will be obliged to follow public safety guidelines by issued by the Kenya government and local health authorities toward curbing the spread of the corona virus.
We all understand the importance of preventing the spread of the virus. So please let us take every necessary step to protect ourselves and colleagues during the meeting.
We urge all attendees to adhere to the following.
(1) Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
(2) Make sure you are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before attending AIBBC 2021. If you are coming from abroad, please make sure you have a negative PRC test 72 hours before your flight.
(3) All attendees, both local and international, must have a negative PCR test 72 hours before coming to the AIBBC 2021 venue.
(4) Wear a mask over your mouth and nose at all times when attending sessions (both scientific and social) at the AIBBC 2021. Please practice social distancing and avoid gathering in large groups.
(5) Sanitize your hands as frequently as you can.
(6) If you have any symptoms of fever, cough, fatigue, joint pain etc., inform staff promptly and please go self-isolate in your room. Do not come to the venue when feeling unwell.
(7) The organizers plan to carry out random Covid-19 antigen testing during the conference. In addition, thermal cameras will be installed for temperature monitoring during the meeting. Please cooperate.
(8) Because we are going through very unpredictable times, please make sure you have a health insurance cover to cater for your hospital bills should you fall sick. Also, make sure you have access to some money in case of emergency.
Finally, help us protect you while you protect others. Nothing can be more noble than this. Despite the challenges and inconveniences, we hope we will succeed in organizing AIBBC 2021 in a safe and sound manner. But should the situation worsen, please beware that we may terminate the conference/workshops prematurely, as the situation may demand.